For anyone interested in working with children at Stowe Mission please contact Sarah Stewart - firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a tutoring program on Monday nights starting September 22nd. It is every Monday when school is in session from 6:00-7:30 PM.
We provide one-on-one tutoring for the children (K-12) from 6:30 to 7:30PM. Tutors provide help with homework or specific help in any subject with which the child has difficulty. We have a computer lab onsite with specialized learning programs to assist the childrens' greatest learning need.
While academics are important, we always want to make God the focus of our program. This is a great way to mentor a child who sometimes has no godly role model in his or her life.
Requirements to be a tutor at Stowe Mission of Central Ohio:
- Have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ
- Desire to help a child not only succeed academically, but to find new life in Jesus Christ
- A desire to be a mentor and good example
- A willing, growing, proactive spirit
- Commitment to the student and to the program
- Availability to come every Monday night when tutoring is held
- At least a high school degree for tutoring younger students, and a college education (or working on one) for middle and high school students (Exceptions can be made depending on the student.)